Last Updated: Sep 28th, 2017 - 09:07:35


Couple Transported to VCU Medical Center After Narrowly Escaping House Fire
By
Sep 28, 2017, 09:00

Volunteer firefighters and emergency units respond to a house fire in Disputanta Monday morning.

Prince George A couple narrowly escaped a house fire in Disputanta, suffering severe burns and smoke inhalation.
Fire and EMS units were dispatched to the 13000 block of Arwood Road at 1:43 a.m. Monday morning for a residential structure fire called in by a neighbor. Fire units from Company 2 (Disputanta) were returning from a brush fire when they arrived on-scene shortly after the call was dispatched to find the two occupants outside in the front yard. One occupant suffered severe burns in various areas of the body and the other occupant suffered severe smoke inhalation.
Firefighters entered the structure, conducted a search and quickly extinguished the blaze. Both occupants were transported to VCU medical center. Fire investigators arrived and determined the area of origin to be in the living room near a space heater and electrical devices.
For more information, please contact Brad Owens at 804-722-8614 or browens@princegeorgecountyva.gov

Copyright © 2004 - present hopewellnews.com