New Daisy Troop to hold multiple booth sales
Feb 23, 2017, 15:03
Everywhere you look, there’s evidence of growth in Dinwiddie County: a new recreation center in McKenney, a Taco Bell, a Dollar General, and now, a new Girl Scout Daisy troop.
Girl Scout Daisy Troop 314 held its first meeting in January at Asbury Memorial United Methodist Church in McKenney. Eager to jump right into things, the girls attended the 2017 Girl Scouts of the Commonwealth of Virginia (GSCV) cookie rally where they met Lulu the Llama and learned about the various cookies they would be selling. And sell they did!
Preordered cookie sales started January 3 and with six girls selling, the troop submitted an order for over 1,000 boxes of cookies on February 1. Three of the girls will receive a special Lulu the Llama pin for submitting their initial order of 160 boxes or more! With individual goals of selling several hundred boxes each, the troop is asking for your support at their local cookie booth sales to be held throughout February and March.
Please see below for the dates, locations, and times:
• Dairy Freeze (11a-3p): 21112 Boydton Plank Rd, McKenney
Feb. 19, Feb. 26
Mar. 5, Mar. 19, Mar. 26
• Dollar General (1p-4p): 614 S Hicks St, Lawrenceville
• Petersburg Trading Post (11a-5p): 5927 Boydton Plank Rd, Petersburg
Feb. 25, Mar. 18
• Hometown Drug (9a-1p): 2313 Oaklawn Blvd, Hopewell
• Shell Station (10a-1p): 19875 Cox Rd, Sutherland
• Shoe Carnival (11a-5p): 723 Southpark Blvd, Ste G, Colonial Heights
Mar. 11, Mar. 25
• The Beacon Theater, Ronnie McDowell Show (4p-7p): 401 N Main St, Hopewell
When girls participate in the Girl Scout Cookie Program, they get more than life-changing experiences and adventure. They also develop essential life skills—goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills, and business ethics—all while soaring in confidence and practicing leadership the Girl Scout way to lift one another up and change the world, together.
For more information about joining Girl Scouts, call the local Council at 804-746-0590 or visit www.comgirlscouts.org.